How long can you save garlic bread?
Uncooked garlic bread can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Freshly baked garlic bread can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. If you want to store it longer, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer.
How long does garlic bread last in the fridge?
Garlic bread lasts for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator. However, it should be eaten within 1 week after purchase.
In addition, make sure there is no liquid inside the package when freezing.
Once frozen, remove the bread loaf from its wrapping and transfer it to resealable bags or containers. Store these items in the freezer until ready to use.
What are some ways to extend the life of garlic bread?
You can also try one of these methods to prolong the shelf-life of garlic bread:
1) Freeze Bread
Wrap garlic bread slices individually in aluminum foil and then place them all together. Frozen bread slices lasts for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
If you want to extend the life of your bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer.
2) Store Garlic Bread In The Fridge
You can keep bread fresh by storing it in the refrigerator. To do this, simply wrap each piece of bread separately in aluminum foil or parchment paper and put them into an airtight container.
Place the containers in the refrigerator so that they stay cold but not frozen. This will help preserve the flavor of the bread while extending its lifespan.
3) Make Your Own Garlic Butter
Instead of using dairy butter on top of your bread, make your own homemade garlic butter!
Simply mix 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter with 3 cloves minced garlic until well combined. Spread the mixture onto slices of bread before baking.
4) Bake It With A Little Extra Love
When making bread at home, don’t forget to bake it just a little more than usual. Baking it slightly longer helps ensure that the bread stays soft and moist inside.
5) Use Freshly Ground Black Pepper On Top Of Garlic Bread
Adding freshly ground black pepper is another way to add extra flavor to your bread without having to use too much garlic.
Sprinkle the pepper over the top of the bread after removing it from the oven.
Can I freeze garlic bread?
Yes! You can freeze fresh garlic bread just like any other food.
To do this: Wrap your frozen bread in a paper towel or cloth napkin before placing them into an airtight container.
This will help keep moisture out of the bread as well as prevent mold from growing on the surface. Place the wrapped bread back into the original bag or box that they came in.
Then seal with tape or another piece of packaging material.
Homemade garlic bread recipe:
Homemade garlic bread is delicious and easy to make. It’s also a healthy option if you’re looking to cut back on carbs.
Garlic bread is a classic Italian dish that has been around since the Middle Ages. It’s usually served at dinner parties and on special occasions.
But homemade bread is a type of bread that is much healthier than store-bought versions because it doesn’t contain preservatives or artificial ingredients.
Here’s how to make tasty garlic bread at home. Ingredients
- • 4 large eggs
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • ¼ teaspoon white vinegar
- • ⅓ cup milk
- • 6 tablespoons olive oil
- • 5-6 medium-sized heads of garlic
- • 1 loaf French bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, and vinegar.
- Whisking constantly, slowly pour in the milk.
- Continue mixing until all lumps are gone.
- Add the olive oil gradually, stirring continuously. Once all the oil is incorporated, set the egg mixture aside.
- Peel off the outer layer of garlic skin.
- Slice the head of garlic lengthwise down the center.
- Remove the individual cloves from their papery skins.
- Put the peeled clove halves into a small saucepan filled with water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the garlic and let cool completely.
- Cut the crusts off the bread loaves.
- Cut the bread into 12 equal pieces.
- Using a serrated knife slice horizontally through the middle of each piece of bread.
- Then place the sliced bread into the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining loaf of bread. Bake the bread slices for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After about 3 additional minutes remove the bread from the oven. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Then flip the bread over onto its side. Place the bread back into the oven for another 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven again.
- Flip the bread once more so that both sides have baked.
- Let rest for two minutes.
Serve warm. Enjoy your fresh bread!